Schools in Naples
Naples, FL is served by Collier County Public Schools, which has nearly 45,000 students in its service area. As of 2016, the district has 72 schools in total, 46 of which are zoned or are available for Naples students. These 46 schools are broken down into the following:
- 25 elementary schools
- 9 middle schools
- 12 high schools
In addition to these public schools, there are also around 18 private schools in Naples, mostly offering Grades PK-12 education.
Naples Public Schools
To find out which schools are zoned for your area, check out http://zones.collierschools.com/live/ or call the Department of Student Relations at (239) 377-0540.
You get a chance to enroll your child in a school outside your school zone through the School Choice and Out-of-Zone options. To be eligible for these options, you need to file the necessary application within the required dates every year.
You don’t need to give any reason when applying for a School Choice assignment, but approval will depend on the availability of space in your chosen school.
You do need to provide your reasons and the proper documents to support your application for an Out-of-Zone assignment. Acceptable reasons include accommodating work schedules, hardship, attendance at a career academy, and other needs.
Best-rated public schools
The public schools in Naples have received an overall Great Schools rating of 7, with several elementary schools, middle schools and high schools rated a perfect 10 or a 9.
The following is a list of elementary schools with a Great Schools ratings of 9 or 10. Each school’s rating is found in brackets.
- Pelican Marsh Elementary School (10)
- Osceola Elementary School (10)
- Veterans Memorial Elementary School (10)
- Sea Gate Elementary School (10)
- Lake Park Elementary School (9)
- Laurel Oak Elementary School (9)
- Vineyards Elementary School (9)
The following are Naples middle schools with a Great School rating of 9 or 10:
- Pines Ridge Middle School (10)
- Gulfview Middle School (9)
- Oakridge Middle School (9)
- Corkscrew Middle School (9)
- North Naples Middle School (9)
Among the high schools in Naples, Barron Collier High School has received a Great Schools rating of 9.
Naples Private Schools
Naples has around 28 private schools, mostly offering PK-12 education. Here are some quick facts about them:
- About 60% of the schools are affiliated with a religion, the highest number being Christian, followed by Roman Catholic and other denominations like Presbyterian, Calvinist and Seventh-Day Adventist
- The average acceptance rate in Naples’ private schools is 83%
- The average elementary school tuition is around $8,400
- Several schools offer daycare and pre-Kindergarten education
- The average student-teacher ratio is 8:1
Private schools with the highest student populations include:
- Community School of Naples – a college preparatory day school offering PreK-12 education
- First Baptist Academy – offering preK-12 education, this is a ministry of the First Baptist Church Naples dedicated to a “life-long Bible-based, Christ-centered process of leading a child to Christ, building a child up in Christ and equipping a child to serve Christ.”
- The Village School – established as an outreach mission at the North Naples United Methodist Church, it offers preK-8 education using the “whole brain learning methods in a Christian community.”
- Seacrest Country Day School – non-denominational school offering daycare to Grade 12 education