Key Marco Real Estate
Step onto Key Marco, and you step onto an island that time forgot. This exotic hideaway, with its breathtaking beauty, lush foliage, stately oaks, and subtropical splendor, represents Old Florida luxury living at its finest.
From fierce Indian warriors to swashbuckling pirates and enterprising 19th-century entrepreneurs, the past inhabitants of Key Marco have left behind a rich and colorful history. Key Marco is the earliest known coastal village in North America, with the oldest Indian burial mounds in the United States, dating back more than 5000 years according to archeologists. Fifteen shell mounds remain as a symbol to the Calusa Indian civilization. The island was originally named after Captain John F. Horr, who built his vacation home and a pineapple plantation on the island in 1870.
Today, your home on this unique island will not only make you part of its history, but also allow you to experience a lifestyle that is unequalled. Key Marco is strategically located off the southeastern corner of Marco Island, 20 miles south of Naples, with elevations up to 43 feet. This 546-acre island has only 134 home sites, with 375 acres of land set aside to preserve the natural beauty of this island, one of the last of its kind.
Key Marco is connected to Marco Island by the charming Key Marco Bridge, which crosses Blue Hill Creek. A manned security gate at the community entrance ensures the safety and security of residents. Whiskey Creek and Blue Hill Creek Drives meander through rolling hills, vibrant natural preserves, grand homes, and expansive home sites, mingled amidst the lush native greenery, fishing piers, lookouts and native habitat parks.
Community and Sports Center Features
- Social great room with large screen TV and bar
- Conference room
- Fully equipped Exercise Room
- Outdoor verandah with grill and kitchen
- Tennis courts
- 3.5 miles of biking, hiking, jogging, and strolling paths
- Key Marco offers a 105-slip yacht basin, and your home or home site purchase gives you the rights to a dock for up to a 45-foot boat. Lifts are allowed with board approval (maximum 38’), electric and water are available, and there’s also great fishing from the docks for “landlubbers.”
- Key Marco provides an unparalleled location for fishing, sailing in the Gulf of Mexico, and backwater exploration of Ten Thousand Islands.
- Just minutes by car from all the amenities of the city of Marco Island–shopping, entertainment, restaurants, golf, and the ivory crescent beach–Key Marco offers an island environment of luxury in the heart of a beautiful wilderness